Last Wednesday evening in front of a packed house at the One Hundred Club, Prescott Parks Art Festival unveiled their choice for the 2019 summer musical production. Vice President of C&J , Jamie Lesniak, made the announcement that this year’s musical production will be Beauty and the Beast .
Prescott Park has been one of the seacoast favorite summertime traditions for more than 44 years. The Arts Festival has been presenting music, art, theater and dance on the banks of the Piscataqua River since 1974 and they have successfully reached over 3.5 million people through more than 10,000 productions.
Ben Anderson, the president of Prescott Park’s Art Foundation believes that this year’s production “has the making of something truly special for our audience”.
The One Hundred Club is proud of our affiliation with this historical gem. “Hosting this kickoff event for the past decade has been an incredible honor” said Neil Gibb, owner and operator of the One Hundred Club. “As a native of the Seacoast, Prescott Park has always held a very special place in my heart. In fact one beautiful day in July of 1997 I proposed to my wife on a park bench overlooking the beautifully landscaped slice of heaven. ”
Over the years, One Hundred Club Members have played a key role in the success of the Prescott Park Arts Festival.
Special shout out to all of those members who sponsor, donate and contribute to the success of Portsmouth treasure:
Did you know?
- Nearly 250,000 people attend events each season
- More than 33% of those people travel more than 30 miles
- Roughly 39% of the audience lives within a 10-mile radius
- Nearly 52% of all Festival audiences state they come to Portsmouth solely to attend Festival events
- One-third of the audience stated they would not come to Portsmouth as often if the arts festival did not occur
- On average, groups of four or more, mostly families, attend the majority of festival events